Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU just fired 5 football coaches for cause

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WSU just fired 5 football coaches for cause

    crazy times

    The school announced Monday that Rolovich, along with four of his WSU assistants, had been fired for cause after failing to comply with a Washington mandate, which required the state’s educational employees to be either fully vaccinated or have received an exemption approval by Monday.
    https://www.khq.com/sports/washingto...32db1ad5b.html

  • #2
    Well, Larry & Curly have just passed thru Pullman. I guess Moe is next.
    But we don't play nobody.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
      Well, Larry & Curly have just passed thru Pullman. I guess Moe is next.
      The stooges are a lot farther west.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm guessing Chun had good idea this was gonna happen.

        Former Washington State head coach Nick Rolovich is pursuing legal action against the university after his firing on Monday for violating Governor Jay Inslee’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employees, according to a statement released by Rolovich's lawyer Wednesday morning. The statement criticized Washington State athletic director Pat Chun's handling of the situation and said the termination of Rolovich was "unjust and unlawful.""Since at least April, it became clear that Chun had already determined that Coach Rolovich would be fired," Rolovich's lawyer Brian Fahling wrote. "Chun’s animus towards Coach Rolovich’s sincerely held religious beliefs, and Chun’s dishonesty at the expense of Coach Rolovich during the past year is damning and will be thoroughly detailed in litigation."
        https://theathletic.com/news/nick-ro.../eAJCbcg8gTuX/

        Comment


        • #5
          A loss for WSU. Nick will get a good job somewhere else in a state with less stringent mandates. I wish him the best. A good coach.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's really sad he would give up so much money and such a great job because he has been fooled by misinformation.
            Bring back the OCC

            Comment


            • #7
              https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/healt...ath/index.html

              Playing Russian Roulette is not worth any amount of money to some people.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/healt...ath/index.html

                Playing Russian Roulette is not worth any amount of money to some people.
                Russian Roulette??? Higher probability than complications from vaccine:

                1. Getting hit by lighting.
                2. Winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
                3. Dying in a tornado.
                4. Being killed by a meteorite.
                5. Dying from a shark attack.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

                "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

                Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

                2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  Russian Roulette??? Higher probability than complications from vaccine:

                  1. Getting hit by lighting.
                  2. Winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
                  3. Dying in a tornado.
                  4. Being killed by a meteorite.
                  5. Dying from a shark attack.
                  Tell that to her husband Tom and daughters Bridget 5 and Clara 3.

                  https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obit...ry?id=24814165

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                    Russian Roulette??? Higher probability than complications from vaccine:

                    1. Getting hit by lighting.
                    2. Winning an Olympic Gold Medal.
                    3. Dying in a tornado.
                    4. Being killed by a meteorite.
                    5. Dying from a shark attack.
                    All of those are out of an individual's control except for possibly number two. Deciding not to take a vaccine is a choice that eliminates complications from said vaccine no matter the small chance of a negative outcome.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                      Tell that to her husband Tom and daughters Bridget 5 and Clara 3.

                      https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obit...ry?id=24814165
                      Doesn't change the statistical fact. Heartbreaking, yes, but the chances for the average person are still higher than the 5 things I listed.

                      She could have just as easily, and would have been more likely, to die in an auto accident. Should we all stop driving rather than play Russian roulette every time we get behind the wheel?

                      While you are at it, why not ask the families of the 700K+ that have died from COVID whether they would have had their loved one vaccinated.
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

                      "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

                      Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

                      2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Does anybody expect a journalist to ask Mark Few if he is Vaccinated?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                          Doesn't change the statistical fact. Heartbreaking, yes, but the chances for the average person are still higher than the 5 things I listed.

                          She could have just as easily, and would have been more likely, to die in an auto accident. Should we all stop driving rather than play Russian roulette every time we get behind the wheel?

                          While you are at it, why not ask the families of the 700K+ that have died from COVID whether they would have had their loved one vaccinated.
                          choices were made....some lived like Joe Rogan some died like Colon Powell.

                          making a person choose between job/family and the jab is wrong IMO.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                            All of those are out of an individual's control except for possibly number two. Deciding not to take a vaccine is a choice that eliminates complications from said vaccine no matter the small chance of a negative outcome.
                            And it vastly increases the likelihood of dying from a preventable disease. Control or not... the stats are the stats. What you are talking about here is less 0.003% chance of a complication. But hey better to play russian roullette with a disease that literally has already killed 700K people in this country alone and has left thousands more with lingering ailments months after they caught the virus... but taking a shot that could prevent all of that which has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of impacting you is somehow more dangerous.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

                            "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

                            Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

                            2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                              choices were made....some lived like Joe Rogan some died like Colon Powell.

                              making a person choose between job or family and the jab is wrong IMO.
                              No, it isn't. Not doing what is better for broader society is morally corrupt and downright selfish and wrong.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

                              "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

                              Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

                              2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X