John Madden has passed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Madden has passed on

Let us pray for him and his family. He was an amazing NFL broadcaster.
    The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Sorry to hear this....Truly the very best coach, an engaging broadcaster for the NFL and a classy man. We would see his wife at church every now and then. He will be missed.

Comment

A fun short read (from April 2021) that focuses on Madden's commercial pitchman career and the photographer who took many of the shots we saw in print ads:

https://www.sfgate.com/raiders/artic...-Editors-Picks

“I never really thought about it, but I guess you’re right, yes, he was endorsing a lot of things,” Kurihara says to me. “I was having too much fun with the shoots.” Kurihara’s favorite part was lunch, when Madden would eat catered food with everyone and answer their football questions. Kurihara peppered him with real-world scenarios, and Madden broke down exactly how he’d respond if he were still coaching. “He never got tired of talking football,” Kurihara says.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
      X